Sunday, February 27, 2011

Michael Behe and David Ray Griffin

HT: Nick Matzke

From here:

we find Michael Behe quoting David Ray Griffin:

"So the point is that many reviewers of my book have agreed that these complex molecular machines so far are unexplained within the Darwinian framework. But some scientists claim that such explanations are out there somewhere, and a man named David Griffin, who is a professor of the philosophy of religion at Claremont College in California, nonetheless, wanted to track down those explanations.

And in his book, "Religion and Scientific Naturalism," he said that 'The response I have received from repeating Behe's claim about the evolutionary literature, which simply brings out the point being made implicitly by many others, such as Chris Dutton and so on, is that I obviously have not read the right books. There are, I am sure, evolutionists who have described how the transitions in question could have occurred." And he continues, "When I ask in which books I can find these discussions, however, I either get no answer or else some titles that, upon examination, do not, in fact, contain the promised accounts. That such accounts exist seems to be something that is widely known, but I have yet to encounter anyone who knows where they exist.'"

What's interesting is that David Ray Griffin is a 9/11 truther. And not just any 9/11 truther, but the man who has been the spearhead of the 9/11 Truth Movement. In fact, he is to the 9/11 Truth Movement what Philip Johnson has been to the ID Movement. Since I'm a double whacko, who is both an ID proponent and a 9/11 truther, this isn't a problem for me. It is a problem for anyone who holds one of those views but not the other. So for Michael Behe to quote Dr. Griffin is risky business.

No comments: