Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Wrong...

...once in a while. I predicted that the Detroit Lions would go 12-4 this season. They only went 10-6. Oh well. I guess I can't always be right. Should I predict a Lions victory tonight against the Saints? I'll just say that it's not out of the realm of possibility. The last time they played the Saints the Lions committed 11 penalties. A number of those came during critical plays on their offensive drives and limited their scoring opportunities. On top of this, Stafford was playing with a broken finger on his throwing hand; Suh was serving the first game of his two-game suspension; and key defensive player Louis Delmas was out with a knee injury. This game, Stafford and Delmas are healthy and Suh is back. If the Lions play the Saints as strong (or is it "strongly"?) as they did last time and don't commit the penalties, I think they will have a good chance of winning.

No comments: