Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Probably Won't be Voting this Year.

I realize that democracy can only succeed if people are willing to compromise. But sometimes we find that we have certain principles or issues on which we cannot make ourselves compromise. I think that what is commonly known as "9/11 Truth" has become such an issue for me. I don't think I can in good conscience vote for a candidate who would not endorse a new, independent investigation into the events of 9/11.

I believe the evidence is overwhelming that the supposed terrorist acts of 9/11 were carried out under the auspices of people high up in our government. Maybe or maybe not George W. Bush or Richard Cheney. But almost certainly under the orders of high-ranking military officers.

I do not expect any major candidates to support such an investigation. So I doubt I will be voting for any candidate this year. I'll still vote for local issues, such as millage or bond proposals. But otherwise, I think I'll feel better abstaining from the usual political horse races taking place. Somehow they seem more meaningless to me now than ever before.

No comments: