Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is Nick Matzke going to set Professor Tour straight on Macroevolution?

Over at Uncommondescent VJ Torley has referenced an article by Professor James Tour, who says he doesn't understand how Darwinian mechanisms can account for macroevolution, and that he's willing to buy lunch for anyone who can explain it to him. Meanwhile, back at VJ Torley's post, that champion of Darwinian evolution, Nick Matzke, has offered to take Professor Tour up on his offer if someone will buy him the plane ticket. At comment 65 somebody named "groovamos" has offered to buy the ticket, and at comment 71 Nick has said it's fine with him. Should I hold my breath in anticipation of this meeting between Tour and Matzke actually occurring?

  UPDATE: Professor Tour Accepts Nick Matzke's Offer. However, Tour doesn't want the meeting recorded and Matzke insists that it be recorded. I think both are making reasonable demands, so I'm not sure either one will give in. And Nick won't be availabe until the summer, so this won't be happening anytime soon. Therefore, I have decided not to hold my breath any longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... did this ever happen?

Bilbo said...

If it has, I haven't heard about it. But then I haven't been keeping close track. Let me know if you hear anything.

Anonymous said...

I most certainly will try my best to remember!