Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Howard Zinn on the 9/11 Truth Movement

Political activist (whatever that means) Howard Zinn has spoken out about the 9/11 Truth Movement in the past.  I think he makes two important points:

"I have said that what happened on 9/11 deserves to be investigated more than it has been because I don't accept and believe official investigations and official reports."

So it sounds like Zinn would be in favor of a new, independent investigation of 9/11. 

But Zinn also thinks 9/11 Truthers are wasting a lot of time and effort on this issue: 

"I believe there are certain things that happen in history and certainly questions that are asked that divert us from the important things that we have to do at hand.
The truth is I don't think anyone will ever really know what happened on 9/11 just as I don't think anyone will really know who killed John F. Kennedy, and there are a lot of people who wasted a huge amount of time working on something that did not have any practical political significance."

So yes, Zinn doubts the official account of 9/11 and thinks we deserve a new, independent investigation..  But no, Zinn doesn't think we should waste our time trying to get a new, independent investigation.   

So...does he think we should watch more sports?  I hope the Lions and Tigers do well this year, or things could get really depressing.  

No comments: